Monday 8 December 2014

On the student side of the fence....

Hi Everyone

Well I have been a little quiet lately and that is because I have been experiencing what it is like to be on the student side of the fence! For the last I don't know how many years, I have been studying for a Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Leadership and Management with the Open University. In September I sat my final exam and then waited, not very patiently, for the results! Well last week finally I got them and I received a 2:1 overall. I was very frustrated that I didn't receive a First as it was just the result of one exam that let me down but it was my family, including my student daughter, who reminded me that a Upper Second Class Honours degree was a great result! The whole process made me think that actually sometimes we can all be guilty of aiming for the finish line but forgetting to enjoy the journey. Since then my husband and I along with our youngest daughter have tried to be even more supportive of our student daughter and give her as much reassurance as we can to make sure she enjoys her Uni experience as much as possible. Of course we want her to get the best result she can but not at the expense of the learning journey and life experience.

So be sure to look back later this week when I will be posting an update about the ways in which we have supported our daughter in her first term (without cramping her style!) and some of the different ways we have stayed in touch. 

Speak soon
Julie
x


No comments:

Post a Comment